Am 25.05.22 um 16:46 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

The tested DLE is encrypted and compressed. Yes, redundant ... I can change that in the future.

The first part gets read perfectly, but it seems that the end of the tarball crashes things somehow.

I remember that error from mailing list threads .. I will research later when I am back at my office.

Testing with a DLE that is/was not encrypted. Plain tar, no compression.

amrecover with device "/dev/sg21" works great. I have to confirm the tape change after the first files have been extracted, then the changer loads the next tape and the next restore step happens. Great.

-

So to me it looks that my dumptype with both compression and encryption is the problem.

I use the script provided by Anton "exuvo" Olsson, he shared it in earlier threads here.

The current iteration on this server:

https://dpaste.org/2YrkJ

Maybe it hasn't yet been tested with amrecover from multiple tapes?

Or the combination with gzip is a problem.

I'll be happy to share any more debug logs or so.