Am 05.12.22 um 06:47 schrieb Nathan Stratton Treadway:
On Thu, Dec 01, 2022 at 10:18:03 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

I have an installation where I didn't add or remove DLEs for a long time.

But now an then amanda seems to "forget" a DLE and come up with
something like:

samba.intra rootfs lev 0  FAILED [dumps too big, 42606931 KB, but
cannot incremental dump new disk]

The DLE is NOT new. Where does that come from?

Looks like the source file server-src/planner.c generates that message
if the "last_level" data element for the DLE is negative...

What does "amadmin <CONFIG> info <DLE>" report for that DLE (during the
period when you are getting this message, i.e. before the next
successful full dump takes place)?

Well, I have to wait for that, I assume.

On the weekend I forced a lev0 for all DLEs to get a full archive set onto 4 tapes.

So I have something like:

Dumps: lev datestmp
       0   20221204

for all the DLEs right now.

Let me add that this is my "multi storage" setup:

I have 2 storages with separate tape sets, and different dumpcycles.

~50 tapes for the daily backups

~16 for the weekends (where I use 4 tapes per run)