Am 05.12.22 um 19:41 schrieb Jose M Calhariz:

I wasn't aware that doing this "resets history" ... I just want to have lev0
runs only on that day

It blocks incremental backups to run until a lev0 is run sucessfully.
Now I only do a "amdmin force " when I know I have lost the previous
lev 0 or incrementals are broken.

So does it reset the history of the algorithm then?

My goal is to let the algorithm do its work and write fulls and incrementals to storage1 during the week, but "collect" fulls for the archive runs on sunday (and write those to storage2).

See my config for that "storage2":

define storage archive {
        tapepool "archive"
        policy "archive"
        tapetype "LTO6"
        tpchanger "robot_arc"
        autolabel "ARC%b"
        runtapes 4
        dump-selection ALL FULL
flush-threshold-dumped  100 # (or more)
flush-threshold-scheduled       100 # (or more)
taperflush      0
}

"dump-selection" should only write fulls to these tapes.

But if I don't force fulls on sunday, I assume there would be only a few fulls scheduled by the normal algorithm and I wouldn't get fulls of ALL DLEs (which is the goal).

I am perfectly aware that I try to work against the original scheduling of amanda here. But I think it should be possible to achieve what I need here.

-

I assume this might be also related to my "forcing":

NOTES:
planner: Last full dump of samba.xx.yy:smb-etc on tape ARC940 overwritten in 3 runs.

How to interpret that?

thanks all