On 6/9/23 00:51, Hauke Fath wrote:
On Thu,  8 Jun 2023 20:57:38 -0400 (EDT), Robert Heller wrote:
I know nothing about "Time Machine".  Will it backup to a Linux machine?

We use Time Machine at work to back up Macs to a Samba share, so yes.

It is user-operable, and you can restore from the rescue system for
desaster recovery.

I replaced backup to TSM with Time Machine (modernish macOS does not
allow full disk access for command-line applications, which made
scheduled backups impossible), and am very happy with it.

You can also use netatalk to setup an Apple file share - I've had better luck with that than CIFS, but maybe support for that has improved since last I checked.

--
Orion Poplawski
he/him/his  - surely the least important thing about me