At Sat, 10 Jun 2023 08:25:45 -0600 Orion Poplawski <or...@nwra.com> wrote:

> On 6/10/23 06:13, Robert Heller wrote:
> > At Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:35:23 -0400 Deb Baddorf <badd...@ingodsfamily.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Time Machine is built into current Mac OSes. It
> >> wants its own disk, which should be a bit (or a lot) bigger than the one
> >> you are backing up.  I don’t think it can
> >> backup to another machine. It works well, since
> >> it’s baked in.
> >
> > This does me no good. I don't have any way of adding a second disk to this
> > machine (and I don't really want to). All of my other backups go to a
> > "server"
> > (my main desktop machine) and the fulls get uploaded to off-site storage
> > (Amazon Glacier).
> >

> As myself and others have said, Time Machine can backup to network
> volumes, either Apple (netatalk) or CIFS (samba).

And I really would not have to deal with either netatalk or samba, ESP. for a
one-of (both are something of a pain-in-the-ass to set up). (Actually, MacOSX
can *also* do NFS, which is a *native* UNIX/Linux network file sharing
protocol.)

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services