On 6/10/23 06:13, Robert Heller wrote:
At Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:35:23 -0400 Deb Baddorf <badd...@ingodsfamily.com> wrote:

Time Machine is built into current Mac OSes. It wants its own disk, which
should be a bit (or a lot) bigger than the one you are backing up.  I
don’t think it can backup to another machine. It works well, since
it’s baked in.

This does me no good. I don't have any way of adding a second disk to this
machine (and I don't really want to). All of my other backups go to a "server"
(my main desktop machine) and the fulls get uploaded to off-site storage
(Amazon Glacier).

As myself and others have said, Time Machine can backup to network volumes, either Apple (netatalk) or CIFS (samba).

--
Orion Poplawski
he/him/his  - surely the least important thing about me