On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 01:25:57PM +0200, Heinz Ulrich Stille wrote:

> (..message trimmed..)
>
> > 4). Discover that it only works well if you constantly manually feed it.
>
> Well, yes, but in my experience any filter needs constant training.
>
> > 5). Stop using dspam because it's not worth the hassle.
>
> For me dspam works quite well. OTOH SA's bayes filter, which gets the
> same training, doesn't work at all. Most messages get a score of 50%,
> with quite many false positives.

Any system that requires feedback from the users is flaved IMO. I'm sure
our workers have better things to do than train bayes. We just use a global
autolearning database, and in our case it works even better as we don't
communicate in english.

The main point is that SpamAssassin bayes has very small part in scoring
(atleast in our setup). Probably 90% of spam is catched with DNSBLs and
other rules (gotta love FuzzyOcr!), only few messages are helped with the
extra bayes score. Our hit/kill level is as high as 10, and vast majority
of the spam has score of 20+.

Cheers,
Henrik