On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Luis Daniel Lucio
Quiroz<luis.daniel.lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, and I've already a database with some emails, if I change
> $sql_partition_tag = 1, will I mess the DB?

$sql_partition_tag = 1; would do little good.  If you have the db
setup with partition_tag, it's probably defaulting to 0 right now.
Changing everything to 1 wouldn't help your db optimization.

I think the typical setting is to put in there the iso8601 week value.
 Like this:

$sql_partition_tag = sub { my($msginfo)=...@_; iso8601_week($msginfo->rx_time)
};

If your running a recent version of amavisd it'll handle the partition
tag without any trouble.  However, if your using any applications
which access those databases for user quarantines, etc, make sure they
are compatible with the partition_tag.  There's prior discussion and
info in the mysql readme about this topic as well.

- N