Luis,

> OK, and I've already a database with some emails, if I change
> $sql_partition_tag = 1, will I mess the DB?

Should be alright.

Note that each partition will collect its own subset of e-mail
addresses in a table maddr, which means some addresses will be
duplicates, typically all local user addresses and frequent senders.
Unless you intend to make use of partitions, it does not pay off
to use different values, it just wastes some db storage space.