Hi Mark,

2011/1/18 Mark Martinec <mark.martinec+ama...@ijs.si>:

> The DKIM signature tags? You need to read the RFC 4871 section 3.5.
> For public key tags see section 3.6.1 of the same document.

Thanks, will do!

>> So, if someone from outside mails to one of my hosted mailing lists,
>> and these lists change the subject or add a footer, it's fairly normal
>> that the Authentication-Result shows softfail for DKIM, right?
>
> Yes, as received by the final recipient, member of a mailing list.

Ok. What I would have expected in this case is that there is at least
one Authentication-Results header saying that the first instance of
the mail arrived correctly, before it even came to the mailing list
software. However, it seems, that always only the last instance of the
Authentication-Results header is in the mail, which of course shows
softfail for a list that adds footers. Is there any option of
preserving the first header, stating that the message as arrived was
OK, before it got mangled by the mailing list software? I tried it
with local and external domains, the result is always the same.

> The content filter before handing message over to a MLM
> can add its own Authentication-Result header field, which
> would indicate the mail as received by a MLM did have a
> valid signature.

It seems I can't achieve this with my set-up. :-( I don't find out why
no Authentication-Results header is added.

> There is another possibility, namely the last stage may remove a
> previous Authentication-Result header field, if it carries the same
> domain name. This follows from:

Maybe that's the reason why I am missing the first header? If so,
can/should this be disabled?

What still confuses me is the following:

me@localdomain => another@localdomain

me@localdomain => another@externaldomain

another@externaldomain => list1@lists.localdomain

So far, so good.

me@localdomain => list1@lists.localdomain

me@anotherlocaldomain => lists1@lists.localdomain

So, it seems as soon as the original sender domain is local, the
respective key is used to sign, rather than the lists key. Is this
correct, or wrong?

Thanks!
Florian