We're using sa_userpref for a few customers, but the time penalty that's
incurred doing a save of current preferences and a load of the new ones is
starting to hurt.

We've found we're using only a few of the possible settings that can be used
here, and are considering moving these off into a hook or module instead of
doing the full spamassassin config reload:

        score
        ok_languages
        whitelist_from_rcvd
        whitelist_subject
        blacklist_subject

The last three could be checked before invoking SA, so we could short-circuit
that process.  The first two might need to be done after the SA check, so
adjustments could be made to the final score.

Has anyone else looked at moving these sorts of small individual features into
a custom hook who would like to share what they've done?  Or is there interest
from anyone else for this sort of thing? If there is, we'd be happy to share
what we come up with.

Tom