I'm late in the game but why not using the same system as Perl, PHP, Ruby to
solve the Lts [1], i.e
you have a sequence that says this is the starts of a raw string (%Q, qq, m)
then a character (in a predefined list), the raw string and at the end of the
raw string the same character as at the beginning (or its mirror).

By example, this 'raw' as prefix for a raw string
raw`this is a raw string`
raw'this is another raw string'
raw[yet another raw string]

Rémi