Am Montag, den 08.05.2017, 16:54 +0100 schrieb Tristan Williams:
> Hello Matthias,
>
> Two build questions.
>
> 1)
>
> I have downloaded 2252 and run into this error when building for my
> uno
>
> amforth-6.5A/avr8\drivers/generic-isr.asm(28): error: jz: Unknown
> instruction or macro

Mea culpa. it should read breq instead of jz. I'll checkin a correction
as soon as possible.

> Separately, using 2147 (and also 6.2) I have been trying to get an
> ATmega1284p up and running with AmForth. After cleanly building and
> flashing the two hex files I connect via RX0/TX0 but can only receive
> characters from the 1284p. Pressing reset (repeatedly) shows me the
> version number and chip name but the interpreter does not respond to
> my key presses. I am using an FTDI usb/serial connector which
> connects
> successfully to my uno and leonardo. For good measure I have checked
> the RX0/TXO signals with an oscilloscope and they are both there. Any
> thoughts as to where I might look next?

I use a 1284 occasionally too. Works fine and without problems. A first
check would be to use play with the command receive routine. Just add
the line

.set WANT_ISR_RX = 1

somewhere before you include the usart driver file. Or change it to
0 to use the polling version without interrupts (useful in some
scenarios when you disable the interrupts but want a working prompt)

> My interest in the ATmega1284p is that I have "promised" myself a
> nice
> new 10 cm square PCB dedicated to running AmForth and thought it
> would
> be the ideal chip for the job :)

It's a  nice chip indeed. Lots of RAM.

Matthias