Thank you.

The small project I had in mind needs little in terms of resources. In
my perfect world there would be an 8 pin DIP microprocessor capable of
running AmForth :) I was hoping that, despite my failure to find it,
there existed a 14 pin DIP MSP430 with the necessary resources to run
AmForth. I am not sure that 20 pins is sufficiently fewer than the 28
of a 328p to make a difference for my case.

You are 100% correct to point out that there is a wealth of available
boards. I forget this all too often in my enthusiasm to make something.

Tristan