From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Glen Zook
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:33 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org; Mark Spencer
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: The Need for Phonetics

Although some people say kilowatt is two words, it definitely is not.  In
over 50 years of using "kilowatt" as a phonetic I have not once had a
station think it is KW.  Kilowatt makes it through QRM and QSB a LOT better
than "kilo".  Some operators do use "Kansas" or "Korea" for the letter "K".

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com