From: Stefan Wagener <wagen...@gmail.com>
To: George and Cheryl Abbott <ka1...@cox.net>
CC: AMSAT BB <Amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:16
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Path to HEO

I always thought that to get to a suitable HEO you need to start at a
suitable GTO and not LEO.

I guess they forgot to mention that at the conference? So it doesn't matter
what the propulsion is unless you start at the right orbit it is not of
much use. Getting to GTO is the money issue. No free rides to GTO.

In addition, doesn't the process getting from GTO to HEO require some form
of rapid acceleration? If yes, ion engines and solar sails are out.

Thoughts?

Stefan, VE4NSA