On 07/20/2014 08:00 PM, Gus wrote:

> I'd hazard to guess that the 'average' shack has multi-mode HF
> capability, along with VHF/UHF FM.  Some lesser number of 'average'
> shacks will have multi-mode VHF/UHF, or could readily acquire that
> capability without too much expenditure in resources (time, effort, money).

When DirecTV designed their satellite broadcast system, did they worry
about backward compatibility with the multitude (or so it probably
seemed) of existing C-band BUD (Big Ugly Dish) owners? All of whom were
then receiving analog FM, I might add.

If not, then why are they still in business?

--Phil