No,
I don't think it's necessary anymore...
just finish up the skin contest and release the 0.96 once and for good!
Then we can work on 0.97... since now 0.97 has new important feats in it (OIM,
voice), so if we miss some bugs in 0.96,
we'll fix them for 0.97 which should shortly follow...
Harry said this to me over msn and I think it summarizes well what I thought...
:
 the best seems to release 0.96 as soon as possible, and announce it as one
that is intended to be very stable. At the same
time we go on fixing bugs and maybe still adding some new feats in 0.97, and
get its RC1 out just a few months after 0.96,
and announce that one mainly as a 'nice new features'-release.

KKRT