ahhhaaa!! found it! :D
bind . <Unmap> "unmap_bug_hook %W"

proc unmap_bug_hook { w } {
  global unmap_bug_hook_called
  if { ![info exists unmap_bug_hook_called] } { set unmap_bug_hook_called 0 }
  if { $w != "." } { return }

  if { $unmap_bug_hook_called == 1 } {
    set unmap_bug_hook_called 0
    return
  } else {
     set unmap_bug_hook_called 1
     wm state . normal
     ::carbon::processHICommand mini .
  }
}

This *should* work.. the problem is that the set unmap_bug* 1 should be done
BEFORE calling the carbon mini, or else the
next call to the hook will be done without the blocking variable being set
correctly...
I tested it while changing the carbon call into a 'wm state . iconic' and it
worked, on minimize it minimizes, maximizes
then finally minimizes.. this should be what you asked for... there is an
annoying flicker, but at least, it's better
than telling users "you can't minimize the app"... you could maybe check that
the user has tabs, if he doesn't, then
don't do it ? or maybe try and see if you can call the carbon mini command
without doing a 'wm state . normal' and that
it would fix the issue... no ?
tell me if this is an acceptable solution for you or not..

KKRT