I think too small is bad, there are some 'small icons' skins (was it cubic?)
but I think a default one should have a good sized icons..
maybe in a future version we'll have many different icon sets that the user can
choose from in a single skin, but for now, I think big
(not huge, just the way they currently are) size for buddy icons is the way to
go.

KKRT