Ehhh ... could you please rephrase this? :D I don't know if it's because I
just got up, but I can't really understand what you mean...

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Youness Alaoui wrote:

> My opinion is that setting the custom DP from there is not a good idea.
> Actually with the new dpBrowser, this
> whole tab is not necessary anymore since to view a user's dp we just need to
> opent he dpBrowser and select that
> user from the list. But we should keep it that as 'informational' for a user
> to see what a specific user had as
> DPs.
> Also because it's more intuitive to see it in a properties window that to see
> it in a "Change display picture"
> window. But the buttons for 'use as custom dp' or whatever is not necessary.
> we could add as a 'convenience'
> a button for 'set as my own dp' or something, but that's about it I think.
> just my 2cents
>
> KKRT
>
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 07:13:30PM +0100, Cristofaro Del Prete wrote:
> > Youness Alaoui ha scritto:
> > > seems noone tested your thing Cristo, sorry.
> > > I just noticed something, don't know if it's related with your work or
> > > with Karel's sexytile package (which I
> > > still think should be renamed).
> > > anyways, in the properties window of a user, in the 'user display
> > > pictures' tab, the label says 'right click for
> > > more options" while there is no more any right click, but that's simple
> > > to fix, there are 3 annoying things
> > > though :
> > > 1 - when you select a DP, the buttons on the right get a white background
> > > until you hover the mouse over
> > > them.??:S
> > > 2 - when you select a DP, it gets selected, then click again on it, it's
> > > unselected, then if you click again on
> > > the same DP, it will get selected for a split second then it will
> > > deselect itself.
> > > 3 - notice that when you unselect a DP, the buttons on the right stay
> > > 'clickable'
> > >

> > > KKRT
> > I've fixed these issues, but I was wondering about what should be the
> > exact behavior of the new "user display pictures" tab.
> > I mean, clicking on the "set as custom" button should set instantly that
> > picture as custom picture? I think this is not what should happen,
> > because we are in a "properties" screen, and all settings should be
> > applied only when we click on the ok button.
> > Moreover, if we use this tab to set the custom dp, we can only set as
> > custom dp for a user an image that belongs to that user's cache; default
> > display pictures, own display pictures are left out, as long as the
> > ability to pick up an external file.
> >
> > My proposal is to revert back to the old "user display pictures" tab,
> > use it only to view cached display pictures (and eventually deleting
> > them through the popup-menu) and using the already existing buttons in
> > the settings tab.
> >
> > I would be pleased to hear everyone's opinion on this matter.

---

"Where is the life that we have lost in living?
 Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?
 Where is the knowledge that we have lost in information?"

OEO;