I agree with Alvaro about it being very low security, but I also disagree about
having to change it...
I receive almost once a month or two someone requesting me to recover his
password because he saves it in amsn
and never types it and he forgot about it... I would be really glad to just say
"can't do it, leave me alone :D"
but anyways.. there are many people who share the same config folder between
windows and linux, so whenever the
user reboots to a different system, he will need to reenter his pwd... it's not
a great idea...
about base64/hex yeah it's good, it's more than enough, but we never had any
serious issues with the password..
and if you look at it, noone can decrypt that password unless he reads a bit of
our code, which most people
won't do... there are so many programs that save the password plain text in
their config files as long as it's
in ~/.something like subversion for example or webmin, I hate that, and if it
was VERY POOR encryption, as long
as it's encryption, I'm happy with it..
I don't think we should take action on this, it's not important...
that's just my opinion though...

KKRT