Hi square, welcome back, glad you're still alive!
We're continuing to develop 0.x in parallel with amsn 2.x development.
You want to rewrite privacy tab? ok, but WHY? you give no reason at all and
you don't say what you plan to change... If you want us to allow you to
change the privacy tab, first tell us what is the problem with it? why you
want to rewrite it? isn't it better to just fix/change what's bothering you?
What is the plan for the future of the privacy tab? can you do a mockup of
what it would be like? etc...
Also, I don't believe that changing the privacy tab is a good idea without
changing the whole preferences window. We've had for a long time plans to
rewrite the whole preferences window into something more usable, and I think
that if anything needs changing in the prefs window, that would be the first
thing to do instead of changing one tab only...
If you want to help, I would instead suggest you go look at the TODO page in
the wiki, there are a lot of things there than need fixing and that are more
important and more urgent than the privacy tab.
I'd like you to discuss any change/fix you want to do first, because the
items in the TODO could be confusing or obsolete.

anyways, I'm glad you're back, let's just hope you'll stick around this
time... any reason why you disappeared?

KaKaRoTo