Jason wrote:

On 7/5/00 4:42 PM Frank R. Suchy ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>>Is that the size of the browser window or screen size? In latter case
>>I still would prefer assuming sth. like 640x480 for my pages...
>>
>>Frank
>>
>>+ >Assume 640x480 and you won't go far wrong.
>>+
>>+ I'm seeing 800x600 or larger and Javascript present and enabled on
>>+ 97%, or more, of my visitors. 1024x768 or better is running around
>>+ 70%.
>
>That was screen resolution. Window size is 660x410 or larger for 90% of
>my visitors, 590x370 to get 95%, 720x430 or larger for 80% of visitors.
>As before, results vary from site to site, my audience is fairly
>technical and therefore probably has slightly better than average
>computers.

I'd guess that your more technical audience probably overlaps their
windows, whereas it seems to me that less technical people (PHBs
especially) seem to insist on maximising every application window, even
when they are running 1024x768 on a 21" monitor, and 75% of their mail
and Word screens are just empty space! (I want to force them all to use
14" monitors again when I see them doing that - there's almost no
difference!).

Aengus