Hello

> ok, thank you. I've just commited something to match those
> juridictional entities.

I suddenly remember some birthcertificaes with an arrondissement and even at
least one with an department in stead of a province. Needs no translation as
it was imposed by Napoleon, except plural would be arrondisementen.

See http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrondisement
And http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrondissement_(Nederland)

Don't know if any genealogist records it but I can imagine these courts of
justice might have interesting archives. The second link mentions a period
of 1811-1814 but I saw at least one certificate with an arrondissement in
1844.

Jo

Ancestris Web site:
        http://www.ancestris.org
Ancestris Development web site:
        http://trac.arvernes.dyndns.org/ancestris/wiki/Wiki%20Welcome

The archive of this list is available at:
              http://www.mail-archive.com/ancestris_en@ml.arvernes.com

<*> To unsubscribe, send a mail to:
              ancestris_en-unsubscr...@ml.arvernes.com
<*> To get help about available commands, send a mail to:
              ancestris_en-h...@ml.arvernes.com