Josh Dobbs wrote:
> It doesnt seem to work. I am able to launch the emulator in landscape
> however the app is also displayed in landscape even though the following
> line is in AndroidManifest.xml
>
> android:screenOrientation="portrait"

Visit:

http://commonsware.com/Android/

Click on the Version 1.9 tab, then download the source code from that tab.

Unzip the archive, and build and install the Rotation/RotationFour project.

I just tested it, and whether the emulator starts in portrait or
landscape, or switches to landscape, the activity stays in portrait mode.

If you find this sample is not working for you, let me know.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com