Hi Josh,

> I noticed while testing on it yeasterday prior to implementing portrait only
> mode that when i switched to landscape on the phone the whole application
> would restart. Im hoping that keeping it in portrait only will fix that
> issue however the app im working on is best suited for portrait only for
> other reasons as well.

The entire application does not restart, but the activity is indeed
destroyed and recreated. This happens so that you can use alternative
resources (using, for instance, res/layout-land or res/drawable-land)
in your application. It is the correct, default behavior for all apps
and certainly not an issue. Most system apps (like the Home screen,
Alarm Clock or Calculator) work that way. Unless your app really is
not meant for landscape mode (which could be the case for a game for
instance), I would really advise you to NOT work around this. A cool
thing about Android is that most apps work in both orientation and
apps that don't support orientation change can be surprising or even
frustrating to the user.

--
Romain Guy
www.curious-creature.org