One last thing - extending my question from the previous email -
may be this is what I should have asked to begin with and left it
at that:

Since I can compile my complete imported app as an Android project
it makes sense that the classes and methods I used in the past
(even the System.out that we already spoke off) should be operational
under Android. Correct? If not, is there documentation that you may
know off that rules against such methods - for example if my problem
now is the File.createNewFile() and for some reason does not work
well under Android, is that documented somewhere or this should
not be the case and pretty much what compiles should work.

I hope this makes sense. Again thanks for all the help Mark and
apologies
for the multiple postings.