I know I know - I rudely jumped into asking questions and that is a no
no -
you want people to help you make your context clear first and the rest
will follow (to a certain reasonable extend of course ;) ) ...

> That's...very strange.

Yes it is - but hey, I am sure what I learn from getting to the bottom
of this
would be something to remember for a while.

> I've never used createNewFile() in a decade-plus of Java development,
> so I can't speak specifically on it. If the method exists, there's a
> 99.9% chance it should work as expected. There are a few no-ops
> (notably in Thread for stuff that's been deprecated since the Clinton
> Administration), but the bigger problem tends to be things that are
> just flat-out missing. For those, you'll get compile errors if you're
> compiling from scratch, or VerifyErrors if your existing code base is
> in a JAR you're importing.

Ha ha - yes some stuff in there are old. In any case, I appreciate the
help Mark, I am finding this list and the Android platform a
pleasantly
refreshing environment to work in compared to the older devices I have
been messing around with.

I will post any good-to-know results back to the list once I have
them.

Demetris