Thanks for bringing up an important and related point.

We are upset that the bluetooth API has been pulled, but I guess it
wouldn't have been much good if it didn't work well or was not
'comprehensive'.

Java developers are used to JSR82.  J2ME bluetooth apps are currently
written to JSR82.  If Android is not going to support JSR82 it would
be better if their API could at least support the basic things that
can be done with JSR82.

One example is L2CAP sockets.  I see in this new blog entry:
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2008/08/some-information-on-apis-removed-in.html
that "L2CAP socket support from Java" is being considered but is not
certain, whereas this is supported in JSR82.

If the Android Bluetooth API is not only different then JSR82 but also
quite inferior in functionality then it will be hard to port JSR82
apps to Android and it will simply make the Android SDK look bad.

Please add the bluetooth API in Android 1.1 and please make it
possible for us to port our existing JSR82 apps to Android.

Thanks,
Tom.