Thanks, that clarifies things a lot. It can sometimes be difficult to
understand how to best apply APIs, even if you're familiar with them, and
especially when they are tracking a moving target.

So my personal high-level take-away from this is that it's simply not the
responsibility of the resource selection framework to deal with this case; I
can see how "SizeDrawable" would work, but that's in the future (if ever);
doing the work in view layer is the way to go for now.

I find the questions around how to use the significantly greater
screen-estate of some devices, really interesting. I'm quite excited about
what developers will be able to do with progressive enhancement in this
area. The web design community has been applying the principles of graceful
degradation for a long time, but adaption to varying screen sizes mostly
ended with CSS powered fluid layouts.

Tom.

--
Tom Gibara