I have a peculiar situation and I'm wondering if anyone is seeing the
same thing.

The facts:

- I have a paid app in the top 100 of the market that's been active
since April 2009.
- It sells regularly about 80/day.
- I push a new version to the market every two weeks with new
features.
- The average rating is slowly creeping upward over time and is above
4.5
- For the longest time, my active install % was about 70% and
increasing.  That trend stopped a few months ago.  It is now 54% and
dropping about one percent every week.  During the last stats
"correction" a few weeks ago, it went from 64% to 60% pretty much
overnight.  Sales have only gotten better over time, and I don't see
enough canceled orders to justify the drop in %.

I have a hard time believing people would pay money for an app only to
turn around and uninstall it.  My app is actually quite small and non-
intrusive so I can imagine no real incentive for these uninstalls.
I'm receiving no user feedback about anything unusual.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of trend in their app?  The only
explanation I can think of is this: Could old, decommissioned devices
from early last year be triggering uninstalls from the perspective of
the stats?  If this is the case, it seems like it would be bad for
your overall market rating to have had an app in production for so
long (if active install % is part of the algorithm Google uses to
determine ranking).

Or, people really are just buying my app and discarding it like a
cheap trinket!  Or maybe I'm placing too much importance on what might
be a meaningless number!

Doug