On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Sebastián Treu
<sebastian.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Doesn't seem to invoke onCancelled or onPostExecute in my
>>> AsyncTask.
>>
>> Correct. Bear in mind that AsyncTask does not have to be used by an
>> Activity. It could be used by a Service, for example.
>
> This is right? I mean, I re-write code that I wrote as a
> Thread/Runnable with an AsyncTask after reading the android dev blog
> [0]. Should I re-write it again to be a Runnable?
>

> [0]:
> http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/07/multithreading-for-performance.html

If you are morally opposed to using code that might be used by a
Service, then you may wish to avoid the use of AsyncTask.

Otherwise, I fail to see why the fact that AsyncTask can be used by
both activities and services would be a problem for you.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.1 Available!