On 08/19/2010 10:28 PM, Kostya Vasilyev wrote:
The limit is even more restrictive if you consider other languages.

Russian tends to need more words and characters than English, and that's
just how this language is, not because I am having difficulties with it :)

German or Scandinavian languages seem to need more, as well, although
this is just a guess.

Very much agreed. My experience (handled and done a fair bit of translation) us that: English < Swedish < German Much of this is the huge number of words to choose from in English and the complexity of German. My somewhat limited knowledge if Russian seems to put it closer to German than Swedish (if you consider the size of UTF8 characters I'm pretty sure Russian wins by miles...)

                        Best / Jonas