I downloaded the SDK, added it to Eclipse, wrote HelloWorld, ran it in
the simulator successfully, but cannot figure out how to run it on my
new LG Ally phone.

 I can mount the phone as a disk & browse folders on the phone, so I
know the USB physically is connnected, but all the documentation
indicates that ADB should show on the device manager in Windows Vista.
If it does then I can load the driver, but since I don't see anything
about ADB I can't do that.

When I attach the phone, eventually a window comes up asking for a
device driver. I choose to "Browse my computer for software" and give
it the USB folder in my SDK installation, but it almost immediately
claims it can't find a driver.

 I tried these other things to no avail: set "USB debugging" on,
allowed "Unknown sources", unmounted the SD card & in Eclipse set
"debuggable" to true in the Android manifest (desperation!).

I feel I'm missing something basic & simple, but after looking through
& trying everything have not been able to figure out what it is.  I
even called LG to see if they could help, but other than showing me
how to mount it as a disk, they didn't know how to help.  Thank you,

Alan