On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:04 PM, DanH <danhi...@ieee.org> wrote:

> In this particular context there was a simulated scroll wheel superimposed
> over the edge of the scroll list (for reasons having to do with the dynamics
> of the controls).  For some reason this changed the user's perception of the
> control completely.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

And the OP certainly has a right (and perhaps legal obligation) to not
> disclose the particulars of his application, in addition to simply not
> wanting to hear even more of "You shouldn't be doing it that way".

Certainly - but again, lots of posts come through here where it's *usually*
the case that the poster is doing something for the wrong reasons.
Clarifying the purpose helps a lot.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Moto <medicalsou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm essentially doing a small study on user interface behavior.

I think that alone would have sufficed to assure people you knew what you
were doing. =)
Good luck with your study.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If this is just for testing, you could put a transparent view on top of the
> ListView, handle events there, and call

scrolling methods in the ListView.

Clever! OP, try that.