Does the server think it still has a valid connection at this point?

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com

23.09.2010 14:00 пользователь "Cydrike" <cedric.bruck...@gmail.com> написал:

Hello Kostya,

I've tried what you said but my problem remains. I'm fact the problem
only occurs when the device goes in sleep mode. If I let it connected
to my PC (the screen never goes totally black), every thing is working
fine. I've got a wakeLock in my application:

final PowerManager pm = (PowerManager)
getSystemService(Context.POWER_SERVICE);
m_partialWakeLock = pm.newWakeLock((PowerManager.PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK |
PowerManager.ACQUIRE_CAUSES_WAKEUP), APPLICATION_NAME);

I've implemented something that connect to my server each 3min when in
sleep mode. It's not using the connection which is supposed to be
alive because I can't send data on it. The server is as is and I can't
change anything on it. This mechanism works, I manage to successfully
connect to my server. But still after 5min my opened connection
doesn't receive data anymore.

Something in the sleep mode is putting my connection in "hold", I
don't know. I'm not even sure that the connection is closed. It seems
it's just stuck somewhere.

The server is closing correclty any connection since when not in sleep
mode I always detect it. So my first message has wrong information.

Cédric

http://kmansoft.wordpress.com-Masquerle texte des messages précédents -