On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Darrin Smith <darri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you offer a slightly crippled free version, go for a full fledged
> version that has nuisance screens that tell people to upgrade, try the fully
> functional but with advertising route, or just release one app for purchase
> only?

Limited version w/ ads for me. Don't do nuisance screens, that'll just annoy
people.

My $0.02. If you're already releasing a paid app, you might as well release
a free version - it's not much more work and you'll get probably around 10X
more people trying your free version - a large pool of potential customers
that will translate to more sales than just having a paid app with no way to
let people test drive it (I'm assuming the number of people that actually
realize there's a refund option is limited).