> This is a perfectly delightful solution for somebody with a background
> in algorithms. Do you know of any Java code generator that creates
> such structures?

Background in algorithms???  It's a Programming 101 problem -- anyone
with a modicum of programming skill should be able to do it.  It's no
harder than writing the program to read lines from a file and write
them to a database -- the only real difficulty is navigating through
the maze of Java classes you need to do file access.