-Actually, the linux license only applies to linux itself, and doesn't
require anything in user-space to get open-sourced.

-See http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/srec.git;a=summary

Like Romain said, the entire Android platform was open-sourced. If
something that ships on the G1 wasn't open-sourced, it isn't actually
part of the platform.

JBQ