ah I see what you mean now.  Interesting.

The situation you are referring to is already upon us: GoogleTV it
comes with its own controller that works well and I can also get a
separate Logitech app that runs on my Phone that works as a remote
controller, effectively replacing the GoogleTV controller.

So...yes I agree that you will need to make 2 separate apks.
Initially I didn't understand what you meant by 'integrated' - my bad.

However, I think I would extend your thought a little.  I suppose
there are now really 2 types of app:
- Complimentary apps where an app on one platform is optionally
extended and enhanced.  These can be managed as separate (but not
independent) entities, as I don't need the extension to be able to
perform the main function.
- Integrated apps where 2 different devices are actually required in
order to deliver some functionality.  This case is the one where it
would be nice to have a bundling mechanism like you describe.

With the introduction of iOS and the expansion of Android to multiple
platforms I think the age of the truly 'Standalone' app has gone.  In
fact, as developers we should welcome the proliferation of device
types as it should increase our ability to deliver cool stuff, add
value and opportunities to monetize our efforts.