Yes Houston "we" have got a problem :)

Strings are in general very easy to extract from binaries, even from C/
C++ programs via the "strings" *nix command for example. You don't
need to decompile anything!

What you could do is manually obfuscate your strings some more:
- split the key-string in multiple strings, concatenate only where you
need them (or at a totally unrelated place)
- store the key-string encoded in your code (e.g Base64), decode it
only when you need them (or at a totally unrelated place)

Of course not super-strong protection but might protect you from the
basic script-kiddie.