Ultimately there is no good answer here.  No matter what you do, you can't
totally protect anything in your application.  Your entire application is
out in the world, where anyone can get at its contents, and with sufficient
effort learn every deepest darkest secret it contains.

The question you have to ask yourself is, how difficult does it need to be
for someone to get at whatever you are concerned about?  You can't make it
impossible.  You can make it easy or various levels of harder.  Moving to
native code gives you more tools for making it harder, but is never going to
be a panacea.  How much time are you willing to spend on this vs. how much
harder you will make it?  You are quickly going to find yourself reaching a
point of diminishing returns where a large amount of effort moves the
"harder to extract" needle only a little bit.

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Samuh <samuh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This post [http://digital-identity.dk/2010/12/protecting-ip-in-android-
> applications/] suggests that apart from obfuscation, we can try
> implementing a portion of (sensitive) code natively. And then to
> ensure that the native code is used/called by our application only, we
> can match the digital keys used to sign the application.
>
> How effective will this prove to be?

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com