> Then upon opening (aka
> clicking on) the .apk file attached to the email you sent, Android
> will install the App.

Wow, I had tested that previously, and it didn't work. The APK just
got downloaded and there was no way to actually install it, without
third party help like file managers, which are annoying to have to
explain to users. I tried emailing an APK just now, though, and there
was an Install button next to it in Gmail which worked (Nexus One,
Android 2.2.1). So I guess it got fixed. I wonder if earlier versions
of Android still can't install directly from email, however, or
something like that.