09.01.2011 12:58, emafuma пишет:
My question was more about the feasibility of interactions between a
mail app and another application I could develop.
I'm guessing there are no way to communicate between them, am I right?

This can be implemented "the other way around".

Define an interface for your application so that other applications can use it (a broadcast Intent, a service responding to Intent commands or using a custom binder, etc.)

Convince authors of other applications to add support for yours.

Then the user would be able to perform lookups you're taking about, if he wanted to.

But grabbing on-screen text across applications is a security hole, that's why there is no support for it.

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com