I believe the screenshot comes from an HTC device.

If so, then the widget and the application using it are part of HTC Sense UI (I'm too lazy to go look at my Hero right now to check). They do a lot of custom things in Sense, like scrolling and re-configurable widgets.

And while owners of HTC phones would like to see other applications looking like Sense, owners of other brands of phones might actually not want the HTC look.

Speaking for myself - I now prefer plain Android 2.1 on my Motorola Milestone to heavily customized 2.1 on HTC Hero. Looked at an HTC Desire HD in a store yesterday, and Sense is even more complex and in-your-face there, so I will not be buying that phone just for that reason alone.

( guess I'm more of a "vi" than an "emacs" kind of guy :) )

-- Kostya

10.01.2011 10:07, MerlinBG ?????:
Thank you for the help, the proposed widget looks good.

metal mikey, I am interested not in date/time entering, but in a way to enter numbers - something like the NumberPicker, which seems to be internal, and for the means I need it - the wheel looks cooler.

Having this in mind and since while browsing group I see that framework engineers are quite active, I would like to share my first impression as complete Android developer newbie - I LOVE the platform as a user, however as developer I see some strange things - like really useful components staying internal for ages (like https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&pli=1#!searchin/android-developers/numberpicker/android-developers/ZdqYIJmP3ck/SXmDORRPE1QJ and several more topics about the NumberPicker), now this wheel thing not even in platform, but I see it on my phone?

Keeping widgets public would result in cooler applications, boosting the interest to the platform even further. Do not make us copy/duplicate everything and reinvent the wheel :)

Kostya Vasilyev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com