On Jan 23, 10:46 pm, Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Getting a little futher OT - I sometimes get comments from users of custom
> firmware, in fact, at this point, issues are typically caused by
> Frankenstein-like firmware (kernel from here, apps from there, WiFi and
> radio drivers extracted from standard firmware, well, you get the idea).

I can attest to this also.  I had a user with an alpha Cyanogen
firmware that even crashed when creating the private database folder
(whichi is done by SQLite).  I spent hours debugging his stuff and
then finally he updated his FW and it started working.  So now every
time I get a weird problem like that, my first question is if they are
using a custom ROM.