My app needs to know the timezone in which is executing.  To do this, I
have the following code:

import java.util.TimeZone;
TimeZone tz = TimeZone.getDefault();

One of my users says he has configured his phone to not switch timezones
even though he may have flown across the country.  He says the phone
displays the correct local time but his calendars remain in his native
timezone or "his calendars get messed up".  I didn't know there was such
a problem nor did I know that you can change your phone's idea of where
it is.

He says that my app, which calculates sunset time, is off by an hour.
He is from Chicago but is currently in Florida and my app is showing
Chicago time for sunset instead of the time in Florida.

What API should I be using to get the timezone of the current location
as opposed to the timezone that he has forced the phone to use?

Thanks.

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer