On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Kim <kimknap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do see that the Fire reports back about 165 dpi, x and y, vs about
> 169 from the Tab. Are they just on either side of the border of Large
> and Medium?

Device manufacturers choose what size and density bucket they go in.
This is especially true for Amazon, which does not have to meet any of
the compatibility tests, and therefore can largely do whatever they
want.

> If so, is there a way to load the layout-large xml even though the
> Fire is on the Medium side?

Not by the same name. I suggest that you come up with alternative
layouts that are not quite so dependent on density. For example, do
not use px as the unit of measure for dimensions.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.6 Available!