OYE!  We're off topic and this is a very common complaint.  People butt
heads with me over the permissions all. the. time.  It's so frustrating.  I
do the best I can to explain these things up front on the Android Market
(or "Google Play" [worst name ever]) but the Google Play interface is not
amenable to disseminating this kind of information efficiently.  For
example, I offer an explanation for the various permissions right there on
Google Play in the app description, but people don't read it anyway...and
then they give me a hard time about the permissions even though I explained
before they ever install the app!  I can't stand it!!! :-D
<laughing-at-the-absurdity-of-the-situation>

The app is a spreadsheet.  The ability to jump to the phone dialer was a
specific user request (not even my idea) to enable users to tap phone
numbers in spread sheets and jump to the dialer app to easy calling.  It's
really quite an intuitive concept when you think about it, I thought it was
a fantastic suggestion from a user interfaced point of view, but you
honestly would not believe how much grief I've gotten over it.